Why women with disabilities often don't get a chance to get married?

As now I am at the age of 24, and there are many girl-friends of mine that are getting married soon. It is just me who is really relaxed by this idea, because I know that there is not a single thought in my parents mind to get me married soon.
This idea works perfect for me because I can concentrate on my career and everything. I have this thought in my mind because lot of my physically challenged girl friends, really want to get married.
I personally don't like this whole idea of an arranged marriage, because Come on, it is a wedding and not a beauty competition.
Through the perspective of an arranged marriage, the girl is on a ramp walk. The girl would always asked the education related questions or cooking related questions and the guy would be asked the questions regarding his job perspectives. These arranged marriage questions are so gendered That by now even the little children of the family has by hearted the series of this questionnaire.
If a woman has been born as a differently abled in an Indian family. That woman is seen as having no perspective at all. Even if she excel in the area of education, everything stand still when it comes to giving her hand in marriage. Everyone just want a perfect looking daughter in Law for their son. This is what the whole politics of marriage is. Where a girl with certain disability, stand no chance.
Just like we saw in the movie Tanu Weds Manu, where Manu goes to look for a bride and the hand of the bride Was disabled. They rejected that girl just because of her hand. This is what the mentality of people is even in the 21st century.
I just thought of writing this article, because I want to bring to notice that how weirdly complicated, this politics of marriage is in our country.

Comments

  1. Yes... You are Right... Carrer is most important...
    Yes... Arranged marriage is like selling ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

The Long Walk

Ten comments people give me about my disability and how I react to it..