LOVE IS BLIND


“Rose, rose its time to wake up” her mother called out from the kitchen. Rose uncovered the blanket from her face, sat up and counted her steps to the bathroom. Once she was ready, she steps outside the door to run to her favorite place that was college. This was her favorite place because everybody loved the way she was and nobody was there to taunt her, taunt her because of a small reality of her life that she was blind. As we all say that every rose has a throne this idiom has came true in her life. The love of her friends sometimes completely made her forget that she was little different from them in some way. She could really recognize each of them from their voices but there was one voice she loved the most, it belonged to one guy named Peter. Peter was a guy from her own class, rose often wonders why, why always peter would sit beside her in all the classes. Her heart would always pop up when she would hear Peter's voice in the corridor. One day, it was the drawing class and she was sitting idly as she didn't know the beauty of colors which paints ones life colorful. She would have almost felt a teardrop on her cheek she sensed a hand on her shoulder. She held that hand and felt it to find out to whom it belongs she alarmed herself that it was peter. She spoke in a low voice “hey, peter how are you?” “ I am alright but don't seemed to be fine” he inquired. “ no, no this not the case, I am good” she said. He suddenly said “ you don't know how beautiful are you”. She blushed the moment he uttered those words and everything was told by her smile. “Hey, is there something you are hiding from me?” he asked with smiling eyes. Now, she blushed even stronger now she wanted to run away from him but she couldn’t because he had held her tightly by her arms. She couldn't say a word but nodded her head in yes.  He hugged her as tightly as she could and he said I knew you will never know but I always saw you from the back of the class and admired the way you moved yourself with your head always held the way you smiled, the way throw your head back when you laughed it was a few weeks back from now when I realized I am really in love with you. This time she threw her arms to hug him very tightly and this time as in her dreams she had tears to cry when she held him. When the next day she left for the she had a different smile on her face that everybody can see. But suddenly she overheard some of her batch-mates conversation they were talking something about Peter. She overheard “he had  been suspended from the college for two weeks because he was not able to give details on where he lived.
Her mind immediately started looking for a justification for this case maybe his house is not in a posh
location and he didn't want to make his friends know status of his family and so on.  These questions were moving in her mind as she heard peter's voice and she didn't know why but felt a little hate for the guy she in love with. She felt better when she was little away from that voice, she was confused that voice she love once and now from a small gossip she was frightened by the same voice. Was this her love? She asked herself, but I want to know where he lived. She walked to him and he held her hand she shook it away and said “ I want to meet your mom” he said “ Ok, baby sure” and they left for his home. They climbed some stairs and rang the bell. His mother opened the door and said “welcome dear, how are you?” she answered “i am good”. She could tell from tone that nothing was wrong.
“Why hadn't you told the college about your home address? This could risk your son's s career” rose inquired. Today rose was really missing her eye sight because she wanted to look for the changing expressions on his mother's face. His mother coughed a  little then she started “ I was married to a man at  the age of 6. at that time I didn't really know what did marriage and love meant I was forced to marry an older man, almost triple my age. Life was forced upon me until I came to delhi and ran away from his home and met a guy a few years older from me ,and fell in love. I married him few year after. Then he found a job as a undercover agent in RAW. I was very happy for him but as soon as peter was born he told us it was not safe for us to live with him and he send us here but warned us not to give our location to any governmental institution. But when the other day he told  me he loves you and want to marry you then I thought you should know this. As she turn her hand to hold him she found her sitting down on one knee and asked her “will you marry me because I am blindly in love with you' and she cried and said yes...................................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

The Long Walk

Ten comments people give me about my disability and how I react to it..