THAT GIRL IN THE PARK

Late that night when I couldn't sleep,
I sat near the window drowning in thoughts so deep,
I saw a girl who was in her teenage,
I felt her tears; she was holding on to some baggage,
Just then a man came running towards her,
He grabbed her hair and she shouted that she couldn’t bear,
Tears rolled down my eyes while seeing this horrific sight,
I planned to visit her home at the end of the night,
Next afternoon I went and located her house,
And later my friends and I spied on her spouse,
He was at home when we peeked from the window,
He was beating her with a belt and his shoe,
We were shocked to see this inhuman sight,
and thought to ring the bell and interrupt their fight,
We could hear her cry when we rang her doorbell,
She came out, bruised; and with a tale to tell.

Not very long ago they had met during a movie show,
She had sat with him in the same film hall row,
Their hands touched each other and so did their hearts,
And she felt just then: this is how a new love story starts,
They talked. They laughed... they held each other below the stars,
She believed that he was her soul mate in every life,
When he proposed to her.. she agreed to be his wife,
Yet she was very young...  and too naive to see,
That man was worthless to whom she was a wife to be,
Her father didn't want her to marry at such an early age,
Her mother knew it wasn't the right step at that stage,
That night they both planned to run away from their home,
At the dawn they both married in a nearby tomb,
They started their life in a room taken on rent,
And gradually their life, on a destructive path was bent,
Each day he left home early to look for a  nice paying job,
Then came home late having his complete soul robbed,
Because why would someone hire a college drop out,
Every firm asked him to leave with an insulting shout,
When he came home tired and weak, ‘take me out on a date’ said his wife
Frustration resulted in slaps and punches on the wife
She keeps quite and believes now this is her life,
But when my friends and I heard her tale,
We thought how patriarchal was the male,
We all planned to upload the video of domestic violence online,
Only so that we are able to stop a heinous crime,
Police came rushing into their house that night, 
And congratulated us for doing what was right,
That girl was aided by the government to continue her studies,
After everything... to her we became lifelong buddies. ..♥♥

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

The Long Walk

Ten comments people give me about my disability and how I react to it..