My passion for dance!!!


Dance, is happiness for me.  when I dance it feels to me as if I am not challenged anymore. Everybody says dance is for a abled body but I have a fully abled mind. A mind that is creative, a mind that will find way out for its passion. I have tried many dance forms from Indian classical to western, but the form that suited me the best is - the contemporary style of dancing. It is a dance that has the power to bring happiness in my life.

It was first at AADI, that I had the opportunity of showcasing my talent. I still remember the dance I did, on the song " Radha kaise na jale". I could hear the crowd cheering my name. This day came after a series of practice sessions that we had in the hall, I still remember going to the hall everyday and as the music would start, I would ready in my dancing pose. I also danced on “ Ganan Ganan ghir aye badra”, that was a rain song in which we needed to look towards the sky and call out for rain. I had a lot of fun doing that step. When the day came I saw, My mother and my aunt had came to watch me, because it was for the first that I was on stage. I danced like a free bird, everybody clapped for me, that day and praised me. As a child, I was really happy to have so many compliments, but I didn't know what life have had for me.

At St. Mary's school, in the junior classes. I remember that I would enjoy dance class the most. As I was made to stand against the wall, so that I wouldn't fall. It was the best time of my life because I was able to learn a little bit of kathak and Kuchipudi, style of dancing. The use of facial expression is important in the Indian dance forms, and I tried my best to match the pace with other children of my class.

There was a point in my life, when doctors had told me to stop dancing. It was a dark year for me, at that time, I wasn't able to neither stand nor walk and as a result I stopped dancing altogether. I couldn't believe that I will be able to walk again on my own. I would spent days thinking about the music system, which my father had brought for me. That how it has no use now for me, I still remember how I wanted to throw it away. My legs would pain a lot, and it took me a lot of physical exercises to get back on foot. During that period, as I was matured, I didn't like to throw my hands, here and there, because I became shy. I thought that the talent of dancing in me, has been faded away. To my astonishment, it was not the case.

It was during my aunt's wedding, my cousins decided to do a dance performance. Everyday, for two weeks, the set of cousins would leave the house at 10:00 pm and together, we would reach the studio and would come back around 3 in the morning. It was a life changing experience for me to have that grip over my dance again. That performance in my aunt's wedding, made me confident enough to dance on the floor. My cousins were so supportive and encouraging that it made me fly with happiness.

It was when another opportunity came on my way, as a inter-collage talent hunt competition for spacial student was hosted by my college, Vivekananda college. I took part in the dance competition, I would practice daily for it. I would play the song on my phone and would dance according to the rhythm. It was difficult for me to control my bodily functions. I wanted to do my best, I would first stand still and then slowly would try to move. I took me a week and then I performed in front of my class , to ask them for some advice. They became emotional while listening to the song and started weeping the song that I danced on was, a song sung by Sonu Nigam for the movie. Agneepath, the song was- abhi mujhme kahi!!, this song became the irony of my life. In the end, I won the first prize in dance, and my class who has always been there for me, cheered for me on the top of their voice. That was the most amazing experience and a bless moment of my life, when the judge of the competition awarded me with the certificate of the winner and it was mystically, the same time, my mother entered the auditorium.  it was a win-win situation for me.

Comments

  1. Awesome!!! An article that celebrates your determination and passion for dance. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, for your comment 😊 really means alot!!😊

      Delete
  2. Lovely... Keep dancing through the life. .πŸ’•πŸ˜š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your reviews 😊😊

      Delete
  3. I bet you will keep dancing forever <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

The Long Walk

Ten comments people give me about my disability and how I react to it..