The Long Walk

Pulling up myself up the floor,
I was 14.. when I learned to walk,
Walking without support was a family dream,
That I didn't thought could ever come true,
I sat there.. wondering how could people walk.. without falling back?,
I sat here.. there.. Everywhere because I couldn't walk,
I used to believe that walking was a gift .. that God forgot to shower on me,
So.. I learned to compensate...
Compensate the lack of walking,
As walking was an unachievable goal,
For someone with 60% disability,
To the sense of listening and observing,
When a kid first learn to walk.. He wants to discover something new,
So did I when you learn to observe,
I observed how people treated me,
Some with love and some with ignorance,
I realize people see me differently,
I realize that they don't see my thought process,
They just see the physical me,
Pulling up myself up the floor,
I was 14.. when I learned to walk,
I could then just see walls,
Walls that I could hold on,
To move on,
It's not easy for a mom,
To make her 14 year old,
Learn to walk ,
It is not easy for a brother,
To help his elder sister,
Learn to walk,
But my family did that,
Supported me to make me
Walk..
And here I am today,
Walking towards the society shop,
To buy myself a chocolate....

Comments

  1. Your internal drive to achieve the"Mobility" ... Simply Laudable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece vinayana... Heartfelt... Loved itπŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good poem. πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such an angelic face Vinayana (as profound as your beautiful name)and a warm smile beaming from the picture directly at us. (What disability? I nearly forgot so to say.)
    You wrote about your struggle but I read it as your strength. Keep it up my girl. Don't count your steps..You've got a long way to go. May your beautiful family glow in your courage always .Blessings..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, mam 😊😊😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

Ten comments people give me about my disability and how I react to it..