From the pile of letters.#1

Dear Sanjay,

I know that I left off in a rush, and I didn't get a chance to goodbye. My parents made this decision of changing cities in a haste. I had to take my decision in a hurry. wanted to meet you, like we always did under the mango tree.
I don't know if I will ever be back from this new town. If I will meet you again.. if we could Get married with the permission of our parents. I am still 22, and there's some time to think about my marriage. Before that, I want to be independent and have a secure job, I want to fulfill each wish of my parents before I get married to you. I have dreams, Sanjay... I have dreams.. I don't really want to get married soon. For society, the girl's marriage is everything, and they can't think beyond it.  I love you, Sanjay but I love myself even more. I am running away, sanjay .. I am running away without you.. because I want to create something of myself..
Love , Preeti..
PS. Don't try to find me, you won't reach anywhere.
( We will wait for Sanjay's reply till tomorrow]

Comments

  1. Vinayana, you write well, and you have a unique and a lovely character, but I feel... Either Sanjay really exists and you shouldn't write here about him in a way everyone can read about him, or he doesn't exist and your writing is getting a little too personal, too direct, too open. There are ways to write deeply and honestly without opening your heart to the entire world. All great writers have done that, and you might become one. But feelings live in the heart, and the heart has secret places, even secret to itself, that we should respect, in the sense that we ourselves are not completely sure about what lives there, but we should be confident that even though we are not sure, it is the most precious thing of our lives, and it will find its language one day, and express itself to the world. Love is a promise, the promise that we will find its language. It's a promise to ourselves, to the person we love, and to the world. But some measure of intimacy, some measure of secrecy is necessary, precisely because our poor language is not often at the level required.
    Be confident!
    Love,
    Laurent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

The Long Walk

If they fell in love with a person with disability