GENERATIONAL MOTHERHOOD


I looked at them with surprise,

A grandmother rearing her mother

was a prize,

With her broken teeth still she

would smile,

To see her daughter has walked

a mile,

I was young but I saw what

nobody did,

The love in the elder woman's

eyes still exist,

Every mother give love to her

helpless child,

But these days the thought of a daughter

caring for her mother is wild,

A daughter who has been cursed

all her life for being a woman,

A daughter who has been second

from her brother in her whole life-span,

The daughter is always by the side

when mother becomes weak,

Then like a child.. daughter's love

is all she seeks,

when my great-grandmother asked

for some salt in her food,

I can see in her eyes the temptation

and the brood,

Like a child there she was.. a more-or-less

mirror reflection of me,

When I ask for something and my mother

smile to disagree,

There may or may not be any love in their

Brotherhood,

But there is An Ocean Of Love In Our

Motherhood.......  

Comments

  1. This is such a beautiful piece... I absolutely love it...💕🙌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

The Long Walk

If they fell in love with a person with disability