THERE'S NO DISABILITY IN MY ABILITY


I waved, at my friends,

Who stood there waiting,

They pushed my wheelchair,

And asked where was I for so long?

School friends were reuniting after a year span,

Laughter and jokes were served

On the table,

Everyone else gazed and said

"childhood friends are here again "

Just then,

I saw people staring at my wheelchair,

When I got up to dance on my favorite number,

And when I sang on the mic, my friends

Cracked jokes on me with all their might,

It was after year, months and days we met,

But for them, I was forever their most annoying friend,

I love them because for them I wasn't just a talented girl

On a wheelchair,

I was a girl with just an aid but they understood that I am just

Like them,

I may not able to sing like a nightingale but I can sing from all

My heart,

There can be many dancers in the world but I am dancer in my own

World,

I want people to know me for the things I can do not to things that I

Can't,

I have spoken on various platforms though I don't have a really clear

Speech,

Its all about confidence in your heart and clarity of thoughts then what's

There that can't be achieved?

A graduate and persuading post-graduation wasn't easy when you have many

eyes to judge you!

Through support and perseverance like a lioness, I paved

my way!

I feel bad for Cerebral Palsy that had me!! because I didn't stop

so that, I can have it!!

I am the wind that can't stop, I just take away people I love with me,

because I hate to travel alone!

I exist in my life beyond my disability, disability doesn't restrain me

but rather empowers me

Comments

  1. Lovely... let that love blossom and spread its fragrance all around...πŸ€—πŸŒΌπŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful poem ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️☺️☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

The Long Walk

Ten comments people give me about my disability and how I react to it..