The Daughter in Law

Riya made coffee for her husband, Nikhil and tea for her in-laws. Riya, kept the coffee mug on the side table and tea on the dining table. Everyone was awake, but nobody was chatting with each other like they always do.
Nobody had forgotten, the argument that flamed the day before. Eyes blamed Riya for all the arguments that had happened the day before. Riya, just wanted to visit her parental house, because her mom was unwell. Her family lives in the hill station of Shimla. She was the only girl child of her parents, who married her off to a wealthy family in Delhi. Riya wanted to visit her parents. There was yet another issue, which was Riya wanted to build a home of her own. That means Riya and her husband has to move out of the in-laws house. This was the main drift which happened in the family.
Riya did her daily chores and her responsibility, and went to sleep in her room. She could now hear her mother in law, telling fill his ears. "She wants to break our house" "she wants to live alone with you" "you would never able to see us, again". There was all kind of talks going on in the drawing room.
Riya walks out of her room, into the drawing room.
" I am a woman, I came all the way from my home town, leaving my family and friends, I came here to build relationships. I have been educated by my parents, they have made sacrifices for me. Like you, as parents have done for your son. A woman leaves everything after marriage, I am just telling my husband to buy a house. What is wrong with that??" Said Riya.
Everybody fell silent, again!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

The Long Walk

If they fell in love with a person with disability