Daughters, After Marriage.. Are still Daughters..

I met her, long ago,
She was still wearing wedding bangles,
And sindoor on her forehead,
She was sitting in the garden,
And I just got there, by chance,
We talked for sometime,
She was looking nervous,
Looking worried,
Maybe was going to cry,
I got closer,
She put her head on my shoulder,
Began to sob,
'what happened?" ,
She began to cry,
I asked again,
" I want to meet them"
She said in her sobs,
" Meet who?" I asked,
"My parents!!" she shouted,
I was shocked,
There became a story in my mind,
What would have happened?
Why somebody can't visit her parents~?
What's the problem?
I wanted to ask her,
But she doesn't want to reveal much,
I kept quite,
She kept sobbing,
In her sobs,
She told that she was from a poor household,
And her in-laws are a blessing,
They took her without a dowry,
Dowry??
I was surprised,
I understood the plan,
I got everything,
She was under an obligation,
I wanted to do something,
Something for her Family,
I was too young,
Yet.. I understood,
A child's love,
For their parents is everything,
Mother's cry reach the child's ear.. the fastest,
A child,
Is a child,
Whether girl or boy,
Let them love their parents,
Like they want to,
Don't bind a woman in the marital shackles,
If you bind too hard,
One day,
She will let loose......

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

The Long Walk

If they fell in love with a person with disability