Being a woman writer with disability.


A woman is emotional, they say,
A woman talk to much, they say,
A woman has strong mind, I say,
A woman has to be positive, I say,

I am a writer with a disability,
That's why I'm different,
I write about the issues that matter,
I write about issues that matter to us,

Is that wrong?
Being a woman writer is difficult,
You can express,
But you can't express everything,

You can write,
But you can't cross the line,
You can write about making love,
But you can't call it Sex,

You can write about drinks,.
But if you drink.. you are drunkard,
As a woman.. it is difficult to live in male dominance,
As a writer.. you can't always write about male dominance,

A woman is judged,
On each step she takes,
A woman is judged on whatever she does,

A woman writer,
Needs to be careful about what she thinks,
Even her thoughts are mastered and reformed,
On what the society thinks is right for a woman,

Does She have any independence of her own?
I laugh at that,
You even blame her for getting raped,
What? This is just a story of a regular woman,

But a disabled woman?
Whose fault is that?
A disabled woman
Is taunted for her disability,
As if she has cursed herself,

Her disabled body,
Is a sight of pity,
Pain and rejection,

Female body is always captured,
But who would touch a disabled body,
If it can't be captured,
It's a curse,

Been living in a disabled body,
Makes no difference to me,
It's my souls home,

Spectators spectate,
Readers read,
About how a disabled body,.
Writes.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meri pehchan hai kya

The Long Walk

Ten comments people give me about my disability and how I react to it..